Ship's Holog: June 2078, fragment #1



Call me Mira. That’s not my real name, nor are you seeing my real face nor hearing my real voice on this holocom; these have all been digitally altered to protect my identity and the safety of my family from apprehension by the Authorities.

While the intended recipients of this Ship’s Holog or its transcript are our contemporaries around the world, we realize that future generations may come across it still circulating in holospace, like light from a distant star arriving many years after it was generated. Because it is possible that these future-folk may not know the history of how we came to live as we do in this latter half of the 21st century, we have included explanatory links to The People’s Holopedia, its precursor, Wikipedia , and other sites that may or may not have survived the scrutiny of Authority AI censors. We hope these links will provide to these citizens of another time the historical, scientific, and socio-political background information that most of our contemporaries know only too well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

read